Pronunciation and Accent Reduction
If you’re learning English you probably also want to learn about American English pronunciation. Accent training is critical for every student like yourself. Learning English in its written form is a terrific base for conversational fluency but it’s not the same thing as when you learn to speak with a perfect accent!
If you’re learning English in order to be fully conversational with native English speakers you need to train and refine your accent.
Who’s it for?
This program is suitable for English learners who want to acquire and understand the American accent and pronunciation. If you’re looking to improve your American English accent while you’re learning English, this is a great place to start!
At the end of this English course, you will be able to:
- Familiarize with International Phonetic Alphabet
- (IPA) for accurate pronunciation
- Pronounce English words correctly and clearly
- Develop a neutral or American accent
- Understand American accent and pronunciation
- Expand English vocabulary and expressions
- Gain confidence when communicating in English
- IELTS 3~7
- TOEIC 300~900
- CEFR A2~C1
Pronunciation and Accent Reduction is an innovative program that aims to make you understand American pronunciation and teach you how to speak like an American native speaker.
Course Content – Your new Skill
Pronunciation and Accent Reduction teaches you new sounds and speech habits. A typical session involves work on:
- training your Accent to speak like American
- breathing and the way you hold your body
- tongue position when speaking
- mouth muscles
The lessons also involve relaxation exercises, voice drills and work-outs. Trainers pay attention to accent, and also to rhythm, stress and intonation patterns.
What is Accent Reduction Training?
Your voice not only delivers your message – it can say a lot about you. Like it or not, people make judgments based on the way you communicate; in short, your professional success will depend on your speaking skills. Our Accent Reduction Training program is designed for both native and non-native speakers of English. The training can focus on very specific aims and can help you to:
- speak with greater authority and confidence
- reduce problems caused by an accent
- improve individual sounds to be clearer
“After a few years of getting stuck in my English level, this course has helped me to make progress. The teachers are excellent. It also has immense value for me, the people you know at the school.”